For family history starters

So this blog isn't only going to be to be about my family. I also want to help others get started on anything to do with family history. You don't only have to work on your own family history. There are things that can be done to help family history work overall. The best way to help is indexing. Indexing is volunteer based. Volunteers take scanned documents and type the contents so that everyone can search them and view them. There are a lot of documents that need to be indexed and not a ton of people doing it yet. To get started go to https://familysearch.org/volunteer/indexing, and press get started on the right hand side. From there you can either create an account or use an LDS account (same as one used for lds.org or new.familysearch.org). After you create an account and download the software you can immediately get started. While you may only be one person, every thing that you index will be super beneficial. I find that not only can this be a great way to spend freetime, it is also super helpful to the worldwide family history work. Good luck on your indexing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Sarah Leigh's Connections

I am a student in college studying family history and genealogy and I love it. I created this blog to provide my future family and my extended family a place to come a read and learn about their ancestors. I hope to be able to provide my family with connections to these people that gave them life. While it is starting out as a project for a class, I hope to continue it all through the rest of my life to share what I am currently working on and any insights I gain about my family or family history in general. Family history is probably one of my favorite things in the world and I hope to share my enjoyment through this blog.